![]() |
| Beginner Triathlete Log |
Usually I do wake up in the night, note the time, and then go back to sleep. Last night I woke up, and do you know what time was displayed in the red digits of my alarm clock? See if you find this significant. The display said 337! As I was noting this, I heard a voice, and I'm not making this up, say, "Hey Allen!" Now, I know it was probably a dream, because once the voice had my attention, it never said anything else. But I wonder who (or Who) was wanting my attention. What would it say next? Perhaps, "You idiot, can't you find some other place to ride?"
Evidently not, because I spent some time on 337 late afternoon yesterday. I did 31 miles. Why 31? Because I had 39 from Tuesday. My anality required I get to 70 miles in the log book. Following the ride and a quick meal, I met Jimmy at Kenray for a 1.2 mile swim, which went really well. It seemed quick after my 2 miler on Sunday.
The picture above is a screen shot from my Beginner Triathlete log book. Mike J. told me about this log a few years back, and I have been using it ever since. It is a great training log. It give you all kinds of stats -- daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. If you look closely, you can see my year to date totals:
Swim: 67200 yards
Ride: 3244 miles
Run: 556 miles
My running miles are way down, due to niggling injuries most of the year. Usually I would be approaching 1000 miles at this point. Speaking of running, I am getting ready to head out for a longer run. I am not settled on the distance yet, but I hope to do at least 10 miles.
I would love to hear some of your totals for the year and what kind of log book you use. Feel free to share in the comments below.

swim 55,000yds, bike 2216 mi and run with the same caveat 665 mi
ReplyDeleteTim G.
And all recorded with stop watches and on paper! ha ha
ReplyDeleteI have used RunKeeper to track 172 miles of running since March 16 of this year.
ReplyDeleteJohn, you are doing great! Keep progressing toward the Bedford Half. Tim G., aka Antiquated Tim, is a major player in preparing for the race. His son, Chris, is one of the directors.
ReplyDelete