Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday

Cora is growing up so fast!
Good morning! How are you on this new day? Good, I hope.

Today is going to be a big day, at least that's the plan. I have another unusually busy weekend, and since I am supposed/need to take a day off during the week, I am taking today off from my usual activities. I confess it feels a little weird taking Thursday off, but Jimmy does it! Every week! 

Oh well, you don't need or want to hear my inner struggles with responsibilities, guilt, unmet expectations, the impossibility of doing everything, etc.; you probably have yours to - ha ha. Back to today - yes, the good Dr. Jimmy and I are going to have a great day of training.

Our plan is to roll out at 7:30 for a 100 mile ride, wandering around, moving toward Fredricksburg, collecting miles as we go and come back. We will have to do a few side trips to get 100 miles, but we can do that. We want to minimize stops today, more closely simulating the Ironman ride. We will have to stop for water at some point, however. The weather should be pretty decent today, a little cooler and hardly any wind.

After the ride we plan to head to Kenray for a swim. It's been a week for me, so I am eager to get back in the water. I will probably do a mile and plan on the Iron distance of 2.4 miles on Sunday afternoon. 

Yesterday I did another little 5 miler. They are going fine, but they are slow. I know my Ironman marathon is going to be slow too. I am thinking about doing my first 20 miler this weekend. I will have to see what time constraints I have, along with how I feel.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment