Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday

Ironman Eyes?
Good morning! How are you on this day, a Tuesday? I am looking at 74 degrees. Hmmm, something tells me my run, which will start in the dark, is going to be warm and muggy. Oh well, at least I'm not doing Ironman today. I'm still amazed with what I saw on Sunday -- people competing in tough conditions.

I took another rest day yesterday. I spent some time with John on the marathon course Sunday. I wasn't expecting to do that, but it turned out to be a pretty good workout. That coupled with a late night/early morning arrival home, short sleep, and a busy day led to a logical decision to rest. It felt good.

Today will be a busy one. I am going to run 5 miles soon, and then I am loading a semi with/for Bryanstville Hunger Relief Project. After that I will squeeze in a few things before heading to Loogootee to meet with a good friend about our work in Honduras. Then a little more work before hitting the bike for a pre-ride, followed by the "official" ride at 5:45. I am hoping for another 50 miles this evening.

The ride tonight, I think, will be sparsely populated. I know John is out, as is Jimmy. We'll see who shows up for what. It is going to be hot and humid.

Watching Ironman Louisville was a good experience for me. It gave me some confidence, but/and it scared me as well. It's a good, healthy fear, the kind that will motivate me to work hard over the next 7-8 weeks before tapering.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment