![]() |
| John is often called John Heat! |
Good morning! John H is just hours away from his Ironman event. It's going to be a very hot one, just like it has been in the past. The challenge this summer is not having much weather that is similar to prepare for the conditions. John is smart, well-trained, and disciplined. He will be an Ironman come Sunday night. I plan to be there when it happens!
John and I have been through some good times together. We qualified for Boston together at Monumental in 2010. Then we suffered through Boston in 2012 in the record heat. This year, hopefully, we both become Ironmen, joining many of our good training partners.
Yesterday was hot and humid, but I had a good day of training. I had a breakfast meeting and was then supposed to meet Roy and Jim at church to ride. Jim texted to say his appointment was later than he thought, so Roy and I would ride for a while and come back to church to get him. Roy decided to ride from Bedford, which was fine.
I was ready to roll at 9. Roy got a little delayed, so we didn't roll from church until 9:15. Jim got further delayed and finally called to say he would meet us in Orleans at Huck's at 11:15. Roy and I rode around for a while longer and came back to meet Jim. We then headed out 337. When Roy reached Bromer, he decided to head back, noting he would have around 75 miles, which was plenty for him.
Jim and I continued to Livonia, stopping at the Little Twirl to get some bottled water. We then proceeded on 56 to West Washington School road, looping around for a while until we reached Livonia again. By this time it was hot with a headwind. I hit a pre-bonk state, but was able to gel my way out of it. Jimmy pulled me for a while, allowing a full recovery.
We parted ways on Pat's Plants' road, and I ended up back at church with 72+ miles. After a quick bite and change, I made my way out to Kenray Lake. Yes, there would be a swim after all! Jim was taking KJ fishing, which allowed me to swim. I got a mile in and was very happy to do so. I swam better than I had in a while.
Today is a rest day, anticipating a long run early in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment