Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday

Cora at Luke's wedding in June

Good morning! Thursday. Already! Thursday is one of my favorite training days. I usually do a double. I will explain, here in a second.

There is not much to report about yesterday. Tuesday night's ride of 50+ miles, especially the 20 miles hard, left me pretty tired. Plus, and it is probably related to the hard evening workout, I did not sleep very well. (I think dehydration is a factor in my sleep problems at times, and I find it hard to drink enough on Tuesday nights.) I debated about taking the day off, but in the end I opted for an easy 3 miler. I am sitting on 13 run miles for the week.

Thirteen miles gives me a good shot at getting 25 but not a great shot at 30. I don't think there is a super hurry to hit 30, so I am not going to worry about it. I am only running 3 days a week. I started that because of my hamstring problems. They seemed to have cleared up, so I am now contemplating adding a 4th day of running. I'm not sure which day. I know before long I need to start doing brick workouts, adding a run immediately after a ride, so it will probably take care of itself. This is when the 30+ miles weeks will start happening.

Right now my rhythm is a longer run on Monday, a hard ride on Tuesday, an easy run on Wednesday, a ride and swim on Thursday, a long run on Friday, a long ride on Saturday, and a long swim on Sunday. That has worked pretty well of late. Swimming is the one where I am dependent upon others, so schedule changes and pool availability become factors. Soon the evening swim at BNL should begin again, I hope.

So today is the ride and swim today. This is the one day where I slip out and try ride in the mid-late afternoon. Then, lately, Jim and I have met at Kenray at 7 for a swim. The weather could be a factor in both workouts today.

Rand is competing in the USAT Nationals on Saturday! He qualified by winning his age group in a local triathlon. He looks really good, so I know he will have a great race in Milwaukee on Saturday. It is an Olympic distance event. Good luck, Rand!

No comments:

Post a Comment