Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday


I could probably do that. Good morning! It's Friday and another nice cool morning. What a summer so far.

I am supposed to take a day off during the week but rarely do. I used to try take Fridays but now I have regular counseling sessions. I am really considering Thursdays, which I did in part today. (I ended up going to the hospital in Bloomington to see someone this afternoon.) Thursdays are appealing because Jimmy is off.

Jimmy does not like to train alone, so matching up with him on Thursdays for some serious work has possibilities for the next few weeks. Today we made our first effort, and while it was not quite what imagined, it was good to get some work done together.

I had a 7 a.m. breakfast meeting in Bedford, so I ended up meeting Jimmy at the Farmer's Market at 446. Together we went to Kenray, getting in the water around 8:45. I did a mile, and he did 1.2. I am not swimming as well as I was, but I am still doing OK. I was in my wet suit today for the first time since May. It took me most of the mile to get used to it.

Originally we had planned to go to Orleans and do the Double TT Trouble course at least twice if not three times. Jim discovered he had an appointment earlier than he thought, so, long story short, we road up 446 and got 30 miles in. We were slow on the hills. Neither one of us had much more to give. I was glad for a somewhat easier ride. It will help me on this morning's run.

This morning I am looking for 13-15 miles. We'll see how I go. Tomorrow we ride another century. This will be my 8th 100 miler of the year, which will help push my yearly total way north of 3500 miles, which is more than all of last year. I wanted 4000 before Ironman. Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment