Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday

Iron John getting it done
Good morning! I hope you are off to a good start today. I am up and at it, taking it as it comes.

After church yesterday I made my way to Louisville to watch John Heatherly compete in Ironman. I got there and found it, no surprise, hot and humid. I checked in with several friends who had been there from the beginning.

They reported John did well in the swim and was doing well on the bike. I waited at the transition area for everyone, including John. It was fun to watch people coming in off the bike, 112 miles, after a 2.4 mile swim. Most of them looked pretty good. A few were in trouble.

John came in after a good ride. He switched his bike shoes for running shoes, along with a few other changes, and he was off on the run. It was about 3:30 when he took off. It was very humid and hot. John persevered through it all and finished a little after 10 p.m. It was a long, hot marathon, but he did it!

"John Heatherly, You Are an Ironman!" The words everyone who trains for these things longs to hear! Congratulations, John, great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment