![]() |
| John & Jim ready to roll |
Well, well, well...it didn't rain last night. It turned out to be one of better nights as far as weather is concerned. It wasn't too hot, and the wind was fairly helpful both ways, coming out of the southwest.
John is in taper, and last night was his last ride before Ironman Louisville. He needed to take it easy. We were all in the mood for that, so we quickly came to the consensus of only riding about 30 miles and doing nothing too hard. Rand, Troy, John, Jim and me were the riders this evening.
I did a pre-group ride of around 18 miles. I wanted extra miles, and I thought we could get rained out. I started about 4:30. I thought about starting earlier but just couldn't get everything under control before then. It worked out just fine.
We rolled to 337 in an easy pace. Then at 337 we lined up for a 20 mph ride to Bromer. Troy did most of the work out. There we turned and came back at about 20 mph. Troy, John, and Jimmy led the way back. We were all super careful. The last thing John needed was a crash.
After the ride we gathered at Wendy's, as usual. There, as out on the course, we talked a lot about Ironman. Rand and Jimmy were giving sage advice. John and I were soaking it in.
Today? A run of some length. It is very humid!

I should have noted Tim the Elder rode yesterday morning, anticipating a wet evening. I saw him speed by me. He later revealed a 19.5 mph average for 28 miles!
ReplyDelete