Thursday, July 31, 2014
Thursday a.m.
Good morning! Thursday already? And it's the last day of July. Time flies. November 1st will be here before we know it. John's Ironman at Louisville is rapidly approach, just 3 weeks from Sunday! I can't imagine how I am going to feel 3 weeks out from Ironman Florida, but it does make me want to train hard now.
Yesterday morning I ran 7 miles. It went OK. The cool weather this summer certainly has made running easier than a normal summer. I have been fighting hamstring problems since late March, but I think the fight is about over for now. They feel OK. I am still running slowly and need to begin fixing that. I have not run with anyone since mid-March. Running with a/the group will force me to speed up.
Later today I will add a bike ride of at least 30 miles, and once it's in the books, I will have more than 700 miles on the bike for the month. I think that is my biggest month ever. I will fall short of running 100 miles for the month but not by much. I hope to swim sometime today, which will give me more than 10,000 yards. July has been a good month of training. I hope I can match it in August and bump the run miles up north of 100.
During July I only took 2 days off. I'm not sure what to think about that. I probably need more days off, but you know how that goes. If there is an opportunity to do something, then I'm likely going to do it. Usually weather and schedule problems force me to take more time off.
OK, I have a busy day ahead. Tomorrow I will share my year-to-date totals. I know you can hardly wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment