Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Wednesday
Hey, good morning! It's Wednesday, and I avoided any camel pictures. Your'e welcome. The next line contain all the details of all I did in the world of endurance athletics yesterday. Ready? Here it comes:
Yes, that's right, another rest day. A rest day determined by weather and benevolent bus driving. I was filling in on a bus trip for someone who broke a leg. My bus left at 5 p.m. for Oolitic. My thinking all day was, "If I see a sunny, or even dry, window of opportunity, I am going to go ride." You know when the sun showed up, along with the dry? Yes, around 4:30. Oh well. Three of my buddies got a 30 miler in, racing the dark.
I am being forced into taper a little quicker than I wanted, but from everything I read and know, it's fine. I wanted another 100 mile ride. According to the weather forecast, that is not going to happen, which is ok. There is no point in taking risks of crashing or getting sick by riding in the rain.
My hope now is for a long swim tomorrow, before the water gets any colder. Jim is free tomorrow afternoon and is considering it, I think. Don't know what the Crane boys have in mind? Hopefully one way or another I can get a long one in.
My last 20 miler will be Saturday morning. At least that's my plan. Today? It's going to be nice, so I hope to get everything done by early afternoon. I am thinking about a ride and a run. I need to do a few bricks during taper, so now would be a good time to start. I avoided them to this point, due to sore hamstrings. Now is the time, I think.
It's kind of a shame I'm not running this morning. I could have had a clever Strava title about the lunar eclipse. In fact, I need to go begin looking for it. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm here. Did not take long to get back into the early morning riser. Sold my bike! Picking up the P3 sometime this week. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteTHG
I hope you are well rested now. Watch out! Timmy G is getting on a fast bike now!
ReplyDelete