![]() |
| Beautiful Kenray Lake |
I had a good weekend of work, the last hard workouts before taper begins. I took Friday off from endurance work. Kedra and I went to Bloomington, after stopping by to see Cora, of course, to celebrate Kedra's birthday. It was a good chance to fuel up for Saturday's activities.
Saturday was my last 20 mile run. It was nothing outstanding, but it was a good, solid run. I did not fade much at the end, so I was pleased by that. It was on the cool windy side but comfortable mostly. After the ride I came home and rested for a while. Then I met Jim and Rand at church for a 50 mile ride. As you can imagine, it was a bit slower than usual. Jim and Rand ran 16 miles Saturday morning. We were all satisfied with "seat time," regardless of speed.
We had fun on the ride and talked a lot about Ironman. I am trying to learn from their prior experiences. It was a bit windy on the ride. We managed it pretty well, mostly riding into it, so we could have a tailwind on the way back.
Yesterday after church and lunch, it was time to head to COLD Kenray Lake. I was really wanting 2 miles. Jim, Rand, and Brent were saying 1 for them. Well, Jim was waffling, saying 1 or 2. I shamed him into 2, for which he was grateful - ha ha. I got my 2 in, numb feet and all. It was my fastest 2 ever, so it serves as a bit of a confidence builder. Jim thought the water temp was just north of 60. I think it was 33 or 34 degrees. Just kidding.
Now taper begins!
I hope you have a great day/week!

No comments:
Post a Comment