Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday


Good morning! Twelve days until The Day! One week from now Roy and I will be on our way, or at least close to it. It's all becoming very real. I go from feeling very confident to being very scared. Honestly, it is mostly the latter, thankfully. I am eager to get to the Gulf and get in the water, hopefully everyday for just a little while.

I ended up not doing anything on Thursday for several reasons. Friday I did all three disciplines. I went for a short ride (20 something miles), followed by a short 2 mile run, and then later I swam a mile at BNL, where I left my favorite jacket. I hope I can find it. Oh well...

Saturday I got up early and ran my best 10 miler since spring. I almost back to where I used to be. I averaged 9:06, which pleased me. I had thought of riding in the afternoon, but the weather was not appealing and I didn't feel great.

Yesterday a small group of us had a nice easy 20 mile ride in the emerging sunshine. It was fun to ride with good friends in a relaxed way. We got to see T-Roy's new Cervelo! Nice! He is going to be quite beastly to a greater degree now. The number of rides before Ironman, along with runs and swims, is now countable.

I hope you have a great day today! I think I will try do all three disciplines again today: shorter ride, 5 mile run, and mile swim this evening. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. You have no reason to be nervous or scared. I am confident you will easily finish this race in the alloted time.
    John H.

    ReplyDelete