Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday


Good morning! It's raining but still warm. I want 10 miles. Hmmm. We'll see...

Yesterday I took off to ride with Jimmy. It would be (was) my 11th 100 miler of the year. I had told Jimmy I wanted to do one more by myself, explaining in a group context, even with one other, you get an advantage of drafting etc. He took the words to heart.

We took off and headed north through the Rabbitsville Rollers, picking up 15 miles before heading south. We did this while it was relatively calm, knowing the south wind would increase as the day unfolded. It would also allow us to turn in Fredricksburg and return without doing a lot of extra loops.

The plan worked pretty well. The south wind did present itself and strongly pretty early. We pushed into for a long time. I noticed Jimmy stayig beside me or behind me almost all the time. Later he told me he wanted me to experience the ride without any help, which I appreciate. With the wind and heat (ironically it was one of the hottest centuries of the 11, on Oct. 2) we did not go super fast.

Bottom line we got the 100 miles with very minimal stopping. I still hope to do another one, I think, but if it doesn't work out, then I think I am fine. We'll see.

Tomorrow I am riding my bike to escort a lead running in the Bedford Half Marathon. This will be fun and interesting, providing a new perspective on a race for me. It is going to be cold! Lester and Ben, along with 600+ others are running it. That's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment