Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Tuesday
Good morning! Another cool morning for us with the promise of a very nice afternoon and evening. I love fall, and it's now fall. I thought the autumnal equinox was yesterday morning but it was last night. I slept right through it, which is a good thing.
In yesterday's post I meant to acknowledge Jimmy's weekend. He, along with Steve B and Rand H, swam 2.4 in Sullivan on Saturday and then rode a little over a 100 miles. Then on Sunday morning Jim ran 20 miles. That's a pretty good weekend, wouldn't you say? He didn't swim Sunday afternoon but was nice enough to allow the rest of us to have access to the lake via his property.
This week has a lot of schedule challenges, specifically I am driving a bus a lot. Someone broke a leg, so I am helping out. The result is three trips this week. The first one was last night to Salem. Tonight I go to Paoli, and Thursday I ventured over to Oolitic. I am trying to make the most of the time. Last night I did quite a bit of reading/research in prep for Sunday.
Last night's bus work will relieve some of the guilt I will feel today when I slip away midday for bike ride. It is the only way I can get it in. I'm not sure of the exact time, but I will slip away and try get 25 miles in, probably doing the Double TT Trouble course in Orleans. I can run early, in the dark, but not being Troy Y, I will not ride in the dark.
Speaking of running in the dark, yesterday morning's run was a lot that way. Mitchell has enough streets with enough light to make it doable. My main concern: skunks. So far so good. I have seen them around over the years, so I know they roam around.
I had another decent 10 miler yesterday (Strava & Garmin). If you look at the data, then you see I started out slower than I finished, which is good. Also mile 3 is where I transitioned through some dark streets, trying to find more light. I am feeling more confident in my running every time I go out, which is good. I hope to rejoin the group runs before too long.
I hope you have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are running the Bedford Half? I may need a bike escort for a lead runner or a very important course Marshal!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHG
THG, I have been "saving myself" for whatever you need from me. I will serve in any way you need, even if you need to change it on race day. Your wish is my command!
ReplyDeleteI have 4 bikers presently for the Half and I need 2 more, yourself and . . . do you have any ideas. Most of the trimen are running except the Jarrards who are manning water stop C. I also need 2 experienced bikers to lead /escort the top 5k man and woman. Ideas let me know. Thanks.
DeleteTHG