Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday

Tuesday Night Ride
Good morning! What another amazing morning we have! And the day ahead looks perfect in my view. I love cool mornings and warm afternoons. Tonight's ride is going to be blessed with nearly perfect conditions: warm with a light southerly wind.

I wonder who will show up tonight? Troy is out, and Jim is in. Beyond that I am not sure. My guess Tim the Elder will show, along with Rand da Man, perhaps. John will bring the Heat, I bet, since he is an Ironman and all rested up now. Will it be (Tim) Miller time? Will stranger Scott show? Roy the Ritter Rider? Should be fun.

Yesterday morning was so very nice! I was on the cool side for almost 2 miles. That is the first time I can say that since spring. I got going a little after 6:30, and after my last 10 miler--a breakthrough run of sorts--I had some expectations I would do something similar. The weather conditions were much better than last time.

I ended up averaging one second faster per mile than last run. Here is my Garmin Connect data. I was a little erratic, which is fine. I am trying to find a groove. My guess is it will be this way for a little while. I was pleased to see a sub-9 mile at the end. Encouraging. I hope to get my training runs back to sub-9 and start running with the group again. I have not run with anyone since mid-March. Ah, the loneliness of the long distance runner.

Do everyone a favor and have a good day by having a good attitude! ha ha Not sure where that came from, but, hey, it is pretty good advice, even if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment