Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday

All in my family, except me, did the Persimmon 5K

Lester and Ben bringing home the goods
Good morning! It was a wonderful weekend. Perfect weather, coupled with all of my children home, makes for some special times. The Saturday of the Persimmon 5K is one of my favorite days of the year, and this year was no different. Everything was so nice.

Everyone in my family did the 5K, including Cora in the stroller. The best performance of the day goes to Lester. He ran 19:17 and finished 6th overall. This is on very little speed work and not a great base. He is running the Bedford Half on Saturday, as is Ben. Ben also had a good run, breaking 22 minutes. Not bad for a (former) football player.

Since this blog is about my Ironman training, let me tell you briefly about that. I had another good 20 miler on Friday morning. I was pretty pleased with it. While not fast, compared to my past, it was solid and fast enough. My heart rate stayed good the whole time, which really pleases me. I think I am ready for Ironman, but I will do another 20 miler in less than 2 weeks, at the very edge of taper.

Saturday between all the fun, while everyone else was cleaning up from the 5K, I squeezed a quick 17 mile bike ride in. It was so nice out. I only got 100 miles in last week on the bike, which is OK. This week I hope to get back up in the 150+ range. This will be a challenge, due to schedule and shorter days.

Yesterday I went swimming. It was not all that good, which makes 2 in a row in that category. I have plenty of time to work on things, but I am hoping to get back into a better place soon with the water. I'm not sure when the swims will fit this week.

OK, it is going to be a great week of weather, at least for the first few days of this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment