Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Wednesday
Good morning! Yep, it's Wednesday, hump day, whatever... It's my long day, but that's quite OK. I love what I do, so getting more of it is a good thing, I suppose. Well kinda.
I hope to get out for a little 5 miler. I am hearing there is fog out there, a cool fog, mid 40s. Not complaining here but I am not quite ready to say goodbye to the summer. I will, however, take what I get and receive it with gratitude.
Last night was our Tuesday night ride. We shortened it a bit due to the shortening of the days. This is going to be a challenge all the way to Ironman. I will continue to compensate by taking off early, like I did last night. I ended up with 51 miles. I got about 17 before the group gathered. I had to don cool weather clothes, with a view I might adjust. No adjustment required; I was dressed just right.
We rolled out the usual way to the county line. I dropped off early and fought the wind out, which made for a better workout I suppose. I didn't want to fall off, but I just couldn't stay attach; high cadence, low cadence, I just didn't have enough speed to stay on. Once I made it to the line, everyone else was ready to return, so I just flipped and took off.
I had no problem staying on going back, which resulted in a nice return. Instead of going all the way to the usual finish, we stopped the line and turned a mile short, heading back on the same route we came out. This cut off 2 miles and/or about 7-8 minutes, which helped us get back with adequate daylight. Here is my Strava stuff.
We had a good group last night: Roy and Troy, Jim and Tim, Rand John, and Scott, and me. Did I miss anyone? I hope not. Scott and I are riding the Between the Spokes ride on Saturday. I'm not crazy about what it's called. I don't want to experience anything between my spokes - ha ha. Oh well, it should be fun. We did it last year. I hope to stretch it to a 75 mile ride.
OK, best get going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment