Good morning! I'm back so soon! I hope you are doing well today.
Last night was another installment of Jimmy's Monday Miles, which is Tempo Tuesday moved to Monday because we are still doing Paceline Tuesday on our bikes. I am not sure when we switch off the Tuesday bike rides.
My guess is after the USAT Club Nationals. The club we are a part of, Tri Loco, has a really good shot of winning it. Jimmy, Rand, maybe Miller, are the ones I know going. I thought about but decided against it. Every participant who finishes earns points for the club.
So last night was my first experience of Monday Miles and my first speed work session since I don't remember when. It was warm and humid, so my plan was to do one mile. That's what I did, and I was pleased to be able to break the 7-minute barrier with a 6:57. Next week I will do 2-3, depending upon the conditions, etc. I will slow down some also.
Jim and Tim (Miller) ran together and averaged around 6:43, I think. That, to me, is a pretty impressive performance at this point in these conditions. Rand also did some, and true to Rand's nature, we don't know his times - ha ha. He looked good and like he gave it all he had.
The Monday Miles, which will likely become Tempo Tuesday in mid-September, plan is to increase the distance each week. I'm already behind, so I plan to run with the group and carve out what I can. I'm looking forward to it.
Tonight is our bike ride. Who will show up? It looks like, yet again, a northwest wind. That means a quick ride out and then a good team effort to get back. Then we eat!
And now for your viewing pleasure:
No comments:
Post a Comment