Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday

It's Thursday midday, and I started this post early Wednesday morning. Life keeps happening, which is good of course. I am way out of my blogging routine, so it is taking me a little while to find a rhythm. (I find rhythm one of the hardest words to spell.)

Since we last met I have had 3 training sessions. One on the bike followed by 2 five mile runs. Let's start with this morning's run. I really expected a good run this morning. The weather was nice - around 60 degrees, and I slept really well last night. I felt rested and ready to go. For some reason, however, I just didn't have much. I'm not concerned about it. I think it may be residual tiredness from the last 3 days.

Yesterday's run was tough, and I knew it would be. I always find the morning run after the hard Tuesday night bike ride to be difficult. The bike ride, coupled with Monday night's hard workout, made for a difficult one yesterday, but I decided to push a little anyway. I was pleased with the results. I feel like my running is finally returning to my pre-hamstring problems of 2013. From late March 2013 all way through last year's Ironman training, I was battling that problem, which really slowed me.

As I move toward Monumental Marathon, I need to keep increasing my speed a little. Running with the group will certainly help me. My goal for Monumental is to go between 8:10 and 8:15. I think I could realistically qualify at 8:19. That pace would put me under my qualifying time of 3:40 by about 2 minutes. All this should be doable.

Tuesday night's ride was fun. We had a big, fun crew. There was a northwest wind, which has been unusually typical this summer. It made for a good ride out, and then we worked together coming back. The low humidity was a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment