Good morning! I'm up and at it, so I thought I would do a little post this morning. I have work to do today, but I can do this also. A multi-talented-tasker I am - ha ha.
There is not a whole lot to report. I took Friday off from endurance work. I did cut some wood and do some other physical activities. I was anticipating Saturday morning's run. It has been a while since I've run long with the group. My pace by myself is getting closer to the group pace, so I thought this was a good time to give it a shot.
Before I got there, I saw Lester pushing Cora in the running stroller, heading toward Parkview. This was a nice little bonus. I was going to get to see Cora. When I arrived at Parkview, I saw Chris getting a stroller out to push his cute son, Eli. "Hmmm, two strollers: this should slow things down a bit," I thought to myself.
Kind of like the cancellation of the swim portion at Ironman Florida, I was a little disappointed and relieved at the same time. I was ready for a faster test run, but it was humid and could wait for another day. The strollers did keep things manageable, but it was still a pretty good pace.
Lester dropped off and headed home with about 4 miles to go, and after a water stop at the cable company, we spread out a little. Miller, Rand, and Scott pulled out a bit, with Jimmy, Chris (and Eli) and me following. The distance of separation was not much.
Once we got to the First Assembly church heading toward Washington, it was time for me to make a little move. I decided I wanted to finish with the front guys. I pushed myself a bit and closed the gap. By the time we got to the Senior Citizens Center, I was with them. I stayed with them until the finish. I guess that explains my 10th mile being a 7:45 pace.
This was a good run for me. I got to see Cora, and I got to push myself a bit at the end and was plenty strong. Today I am going to totally rest. Next up: 2 miles of speed on Miles Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment