Monday, August 3, 2015

Back Home Again


I'm not much of a night-owl, in fact, I'm not one at all. I'm the old early bird (but I don't like, nor eat, worms). Last night forced me out of my normal schedule of going to bed at what some think is ridiculously early. The early bird had to be a night owl. All this involves the retrieval of my broken down car 15 miles north of Martinsville. It broke down on the way home from Cicero. Thankfully, Lester was right behind me and got me home.

After pondering all the good, if not contradictory, advice I received about what to do, I opted to rent a car hauler from U-Haul. After all the taxes, insurance fees, etc., the total came to $74. That's at least a couple of hundred less than a tow truck, I think. I was not comfortable trying to do a field repair, not knowing for sure what the problem was. It was too far away to make two trips.

Lester, Ben, and I took off at 8:30 last night when the trailer became available. We arrived at my car at 9:55. The car started and then died before we could drive it onto the trailer, so with a little creativity, the use of a small hill, coupled with some pushing, and a come-along, we got it loaded in about 30 minutes. The trip home was uneventful. I arrived at my house at 11:55.

This morning I ran 3 miles and then delivered the car to the mechanic and the trailer back to the Star Stop U-Haul. After that, I got a tooth filled. Yes, it has been a great day - ha ha!

I found this on the Cicero website:

Cicero Tri Results: Thanks for being patient. There were a couple people who crossed the wrong mats in transition, and, as a result, we found a bug in our timing system software that keeps the import from completing under these circumstances.
We have been in communication with the timing software tech support and they are presently working to fix the bug. I’ll send an email to all when results are posted.
OK, that's enough excitement for today. I hope those of you riding this evening have a good ride. I'm out for tonight's ride and tomorrow's run. This working on other days besides Sundays has to stop!

2 comments:

  1. post mortems: finally got info from my brother on cost for towing from north of Martinsville to Bedford was $185, but was totally covered by insurance @ a max of $200 for future reference.

    Tim the Elder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I don't have a policy that cover towing. Mikels charged a friend of mine $120 to tow from Loogootee to Mitchell. Pays to shop around evidently.

    ReplyDelete