Well, now I partially know why I quit blogging before -- life gets in the way. I had a bit a of crazy last week. I help some unusual people with unusual problems, and they don't conform to the way most of us live and work. Not a complaint.
I also did not feel very well. I ended up taking off Wednesday and Thursday. I got back on track Friday morning with a 10 mile run in Bloomington. Why there? I decided I wanted something a little different, plus I needed to go to Indy to see my friend who had the double-lung transplant 3 weeks ago. He is doing amazingly well, by the way.
What to do on Saturday? I found peace about what happened in the swim at Cicero, and I decided that the Columbus tri really was not that important to me. It would cost me north of a $100 and a big chunk of the day. I watched the email traffic about possible plans. Roy, Rand, and Tim were doing Columbus, and others were doing various things, including Iron John going long on the bike.
In the end, Dr. Lucky and I had a nice conversational ride. I think it was just what I needed. I got some time on the bike but did not work too hard. That sets me up for this week. Further setting up this week was a total rest day yesterday. I had planned on swimming, but it just did not fit in with several things.
My focus now is training for the Monumental Marathon. On the way to that, I hope to have good races at the Persimmon 5K and the Bedford Half Marathon. They both fit nicely in the training plan. It all begins tonight with a mile or two of tempo. That should be challenging in the heat and humidity.

No comments:
Post a Comment